49 Popular Black Owned Restaurants in Atlanta GA
There are hundreds of Black owned restaurants in Atlanta GA, our hometown. While we are fortunate to live in the heart of the city, we’ve put together a list of some of our favorite restaurants and cafes that we frequent in support of our Black brothers and sisters (you can also see our list for Las Vegas).
Many minority-owned businesses were denied funds from the federal paycheck protection program during the coronavirus pandemic. You can help by becoming patrons at these spots.
Any ad revenue or affiliate sales earned from this post will go towards ACLU Local Chapter. This post may contain affiliate links, where we receive a small commission on sales of the products that are linked at no additional cost to you. All opinions are always our own. Read our full disclosure for more info. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Local Adventurer possible.
Last Updated: June 8, 2020
49 Popular Black Owned Restaurants in Atlanta GA
- Dat Fire Jerk Chicken ($, Carribean) 226 Northside Dr NW Atlanta, GA 30313 | 404-254-4494 | Delivery & Take Out
- Old Lady Gang Cuisine ($, Southern/Bars) 177 Peters St SW Atlanta, GA 30313 | 404-748-9689 | Delivery & Take Out
- Paschal’s ($, Southern/Soul Food) 180 Northside Dr SW Atlanta, GA 30313 | 404-525-2023
- Atlanta Breakfast Club ($, Southern, Breakfast & Brunch) 249 Ivan Allen Jr Blvd NW, Atlanta, GA 30313 | 404-428-3825 | Delivery & Take Out
- Big Dave’s Cheesesteaks ($, Cheesesteaks, Chicken Wings) 57 Forsyth St NW Ste 63 Atlanta, GA 30303 | 404-343-0259
- Krab Queenz ATL ($, Cajun/Creole, Seafood) 529 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308 | 678-515-3868
- Sweet Auburn Seafood ($, Seafood, Wine Bars, Tapas Bars) 171 Auburn Ave NE Atlanta, GA 30303 | 678-974-5019
- The Busy Bee Cafe ($, Soul Food, Southern) 810 Martin Luther King Jr Dr SW Atlanta, GA 30314 | 404-525-9212
- Negril Village ($, Caribbean, Breakfast & Brunch) 30 N Ave NE Atlanta, GA 30308 | 404-464-7159
- Ponko Chicken ($, Asian Fusion, Chicken Shop) 915 West Peachtree St Ste 6 Atlanta, GA 30309 | 404-975-2316 | Dine-In Available
- Nancy’s Pizza ($, Pizza, Italian) 265 Ponce De Leon Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30308 | 404-881-0111
- Triple Jays Pizza ($, Pizzeria) 1020 Piedmont Ave NE Ste B Atlanta, GA 30309 | 678-712-8400
Old Fourth Ward
- Root Baking Co. ($, Bakery/Cafe) Ponce City Market 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE Atlanta, GA 30308 | 470-639-8046
- 9 Mile Station ($, New American) 675 Ponce De Leon Ave Atlanta, GA 30308 | 770-999-1532 | Dine-In Available
- B’s Cracklin BBQ ($, Barbeque, Southern) 725 Ponce De Leon Ave NE Atlanta, GA 30306 | 678-949-9912
- Lucky Lotus Juice ($, Juice Bars, Smoothies) 675 Ponce City Market N NE, Atlanta, GA 30308 | 404-343-1913 | Dine-In Available
- My Potato Factory ($, American, Vegetarian) 1521 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd SW Atlanta, GA 30310 | 404-343-1946
- One Time BBQ ($, Barbeque) 816 Cascade Ave SW Atlanta, GA 30310 | 404-565-2826
- Q Time Restaurant ($, Soul Food) 1120 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd SW Atlanta, GA 30310 | 404-758-2881
- Slutty Vegan ($, Vegan) 1542 Ralph David Abernathy Atlanta, GA 30310 | 678-732-3525 | Online Order for Takeout
- K&K Soul Food ($, Southern, Soul Food, Bankhead) 881 Donald Lee Hollowell Pkwy NW, Atlanta, GA 30318 | 404-685-1073
- Cami Cakes Cupcakes ($, Bakeries, Buckhead) 2221 Peachtree Rd NE Ste B Atlanta, GA 30309 | 404-748-4288
- Sweet Cheats Bakery ($, Dessert/Bakery, Cabbagetown) 692-B Kirkwood Ave SE Ste B1 Atlanta, GA 30316 | 404-590-6086
- Nana’s Chicken + Waffle ($, Breakfast & Brunch, Conyers) 1040 Flat Shoals Rd SE Conyers, GA 30013 | 770-285-6591
- Marguerites Jerk Bistro ($, Caribbean, Grant Park) 1039 Grant St SE, Atlanta, GA 30315 | 404-941-9733
- Rahim’s Chicken Supreme ($, Chicken Wings, Lakewood) 2883 Lakewood Ave SW Atlanta, GA 30315 | 404-227-9253
- ROC South Cuisine ($, Southern, Seafood, Lenox) 3009 Buford Hwy NE Atlanta, GA 30329 | 404-481-5915
- Not As Famous Cookie ($, Desserts, Marietta) 800 Whitlock Ave NW, Suite 129 Marietta, GA 30064 | 404-587-1661
- Desta Ethiopian Kitchen ($, Ethiopian, North Druid Hills) 3086 Briarcliff Rd NE Atlanta, GA 30329 | 404-929-0011
- Jayida Che Herbal Tea Spot ($, Coffee & Tea, Ormewood) 749 Moreland Ave SE suite a-101, Atlanta, GA 30316 | 404-424-4069
- Restaurant 10 ($, Southern, BBQ, Vine City) 10 Northside Dr NW Atlanta, GA 30314 | 404-331-9977
Map of Black Owned Restaurants in Atlanta
- Call ahead before visiting any of these spots. We made notes where we could but hours may still change day-to-day. Some restaurants told us they close early if there isn’t enough business that day. Plus, some places aren’t open for dine-in quite yet.
- Since we’re still in this pandemic, it’s important to wash your hands thoroughly, wear masks, and try your best to socially distance while dining in.
Other Black Owned Businesses and Retailers
- Fabulina Designs
- For Keeps Books
- God Is Dope
- Iwi Fresh
- Atlanta Influences Everything
- ZuCot Gallery
These are a couple of black owned businesses in Atlanta that were destroyed during the riots. You can help them rebuild here:
- Attom Concept Store
- Wilbourn Sisters Designs
Social Justice and Non Profit Organizations
- Pawkids – Partnered with Atlanta musician and activist, Killer Mike.
- Project South
- Malcolm X Grassroots Movement
- ACLU Georgia
- NAACP Atlanta
Petitions to Sign
- Hands Up Act
- Justice for Ahmaud Arbery
- Justice for George Floyd
- Justice for Tony McDade
- Stand with Breonna
How many of these restaurants have you tried? Help us keep the list up-to-date. If you find out any info that we can add, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you enjoy this post? Pin it for later
Josh + Macy
Josh and Macy are southern creative kids who love exploring local and international cultures. They’ve long believed that traveling is all about getting out of your comfort zone and trying new things. They are currently based out of Atlanta.
You might also love
The post 49 Popular Black Owned Restaurants in Atlanta GA appeared first on Local Adventurer » Travel Adventures in Las Vegas + World Wide.